Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into HostGator SG's Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. HostGator SG may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by HostGator SG may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. HostGator SG reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
- Prohibited Uses
- Unacceptable Material
- Unacceptable Resource Usage
- Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
- Defamation Policy
- AUP Violations
Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights. Use of the Services to infringe another party's intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted or other protected work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this provision will be suspended or terminated.
Infringement Complaints. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For copyright infringement claims, HostGator SG follows the Copyright Act takedown procedures. A list of the information required to submit a sufficient takedown notice can be found here.
Use as Backup/Storage Device. You may not use a shared hosting account as a backup/storage device with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
License Restrictions. You may not use a WHMCS license issued by HostGator SG with a product/service other than the one for which it was issued.
The following are prohibited on HostGator SG’s servers:
IRCD (irc servers);
Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic);
Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts;
Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation);
File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare);
Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams);
- Escrow/Bank Debentures;
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites;
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme);
- Sale or distribution of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s);
- Prime Banks Programs;
- Lottery/Gambling Sites;
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs;
- Sites promoting illegal activities;
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content;
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs;
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com);
- Mailer Pro;
- Push button mail scripts;
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc);
- Tell A Friend Scripts;
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways;
- Bitcoin Miners;
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate programs, etc).
- Adult Content and Child Exploitation Material Prohibited.
- Adult content or pornographic materials are prohibited on HostGator SG’s servers.
- Content that is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in HostGator SG's sole discretion, is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to, child pornography or any material perceived to be connected to the exploitation of children. Any website found to be hosting or linking to any such materials will be suspended immediately without notice.
- Other Prohibited Content.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Unacceptable Resource Usage and Behaviour
- You must not:
- Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources (such as CPU and/or server memory) for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time. Activities that could cause excessive use of system resources include but are not limited to: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities.
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc.
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than fifteen (15) minutes.
- Run any MySQL queries longer than fifteen (15) seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
- Include the URL when using PHP include functions for including a local file. Instead of including 'http://yourdomain.com/include.php', use 'include.php' or '/home/username/public_html/include.php'.
- Force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml) to help reduce usage.
- Use https protocol unless it is necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
- Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services.
- Run, host, or store any P2P client, tracker, software, server, files, content or application, including bittorrent.
- Participate in any P2P or file-sharing networks.
- Use excessive resources which in our sole discretion results in damage or degradation to the performance, usage, or experience of OrderBox, other users, other orders, and any of our services.
- Use more than 50% of the website's disk space used by your hosting order for storing emails.
- Store more than two website backup files.
- Use more than 5GB per database.
- Send emails either: (i) per hour per user, or (ii) per hour per domain, which exceed the “Limits” set forth in our Email Policy.
- Receive a high volume of emails, by a user or domain name, in any given period of time.
- Purchase/use a Dedicated IP Address without installing an SSL Certificate.
- The use of more than two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) inodes on any shared or reseller account may result in a warning, and if no action is taken to reduce the excessive use of inodes, your account may be suspended. If an account exceeds one hundred thousand (100,000) inodes it will be removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage, For reference, every file (i.e. a webpage, image file, email, etc.) on your account uses up one (1) inode.
- User accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension. The primary cause of excessive inodes is typically due to users leaving their catchall address enabled, but never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past an acceptable amount of inodes. Please use the following steps to disable your default mailbox:
- Login to cPanel
- Click "Mail"
- Click "Default Address"
- Click "Set Default Address"
- Type in: ":fail: No such user here"
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
- We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. "Safe lists," purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice. Please read our Email Policy for additional information.
- Websites advertised via spam (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any User account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
- Defamation Policy
- Websites hosted with HostGator SG's are regulated by Singapore law. Accordingly, pursuant to the Defamation Act and Section 26 of the Electronic Transactions Act , HostGator SG's policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, HostGator SG is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
- AUP Violations
- Resellers. If there is a violation of this AUP by one of a reseller's client's account, HostGator SG will suspend the website in question and will notify the reseller so that the reseller can terminate the account. HostGator SG may, but is not obligated to, monitor the account or website for any subsequent violations. The occurrence of additional violations may result in the immediate termination of your reseller account.
- Direct customers. Your Services may be terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this AUP. If applicable, violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- A failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within forty-eight (48) hours, or as otherwise specified in the email, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will receive a response within forty-eight (48) hours.
- If you feel you have discovered a violation of our AUP please report it to: email@example.com.
Last Updated on [19/10/2016]